Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent. —-Epictetus

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Low Carb Bacon Mushroom Autumn Soup

We had this soup for supper tonight and my husband, who doesn't usually do low carb, loved it and wants me to make this again! Happiness!
 This recipe is an interesting one.  I've never made soup quite like it....but seriously, I have never had soup that tastes this good.

1/2 C heavy whipping cream
8 oz. Mushrooms
1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
1 clove garlic
1/2 C crumbled bacon (I use the crumbled bacon from Costco that comes in a bag from the salad section)
1 Cube Butter
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
 Wash and slice the mushrooms and put them in a casserole dish along with the bacon, the cube of butter cut up into 4 or 5 pieces, the salt and pepper. Bake this in the over at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until everything is bubbly and brown.

Get out the blender! This is the important part. Take two thirds of the baked mushroom mixture, put it in the blender along with the chicken broth.  Blend away! This releases so much more of the mushroom flavor than just cutting the mushrooms into chunks.  After that is all blended, pour it into your sauce pan and add the cream.  Add the rest of the mushrooms and heat it through. I kept out a few of the mushroom and bacon pieces to use as a garnish on top.

5 comments:

  1. "It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing. Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making these tonight for our family Memorial Day party!!! So excited! I am going to try and use strawberries and make one larger cheesecake in my springform pan. I was curious, do you have to strain out all of the strawberry chunks or does it not wind up chunky? I'm guessing I'll see why you strain it when I'm at that step, but just curious! Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dish look very yummy but i don't eat non veg stuff so please excuse me you can check out my partime porject jiodthbookingi.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. Here is a comprehensive research on the Biography of Christopher Stokowski. Christopher Stokowski net worth, his disappearance.christopher stokowski

    ReplyDelete
  5. made this tonight, hubby already asking for it again, fabulous and so simple, thank you for the recipe!!!! I am still full!!
    Jayme Silvestri

    ReplyDelete