Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent. —-Epictetus

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Low Carb Brownies

My job has done a number on my hips! I started working full time last fall. I tried to stay true to the diet but I slipped a number of times. I stopped exercising daily and found it difficult to have time to cook the low carb food that I needed. Yikes!

Here is my plan.....
Go back on the low carb diet, exercise daily and relax for a few days. I have so many planned projects that I can only relax for this week, then re-do the wood floors, clean out the basement so we can put away the food storage, clean about five cars so Spike can sell them, go on a family reunion, get the kiddo to basketball camp, oh yes...keep working about ten hours a week for a continuing education summer program.

Jacob thought today would be a great day to make brownies from scratch. Great idea for Father's Day. Not a good idea for my new low carb commitment. So I modified my recipe into a low carb brownie treat.

Here is what you need.
2 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup truvia baking blend which has 47 carbs per 1/2 cup. Next time use pure stevia in the amount recommended.
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

I cooked this at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. 

I can usually eat a whole pan of brownies by myself but eating two of these made me full. Again, mark this up as a positive for low carb baking!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great but how many carbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of using truvia, which has carbs, or stevia, which usually has a bitter aftertaste, you can use Xylitol or Swerve Sweetner. Both have very few carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I can use Splenda baking sugar? Sometimes I replace Splenda for real sugar and it messes up the whole recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia I think you could use the Splenda baking blend. I bet it will be comparable to,the truvia baking blend. Just check the package for the carb count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...just pulled these out of the oven.....best and easiest Low carb brownies I have ever made....THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. best cryptocurrency to invest in For a good healthy lifestyle, we want quite forty completely different nutrients, and no single food will provide all of them. it's not a few single meals.

    ReplyDelete